Don’t you hate it when you can’t think of anything to cook for dinner? We sure do so we are going to share a recipe with you that you will definitely want to try! It’s a light and fresh Chicken Taco recipe that has it’s own lime cilantro slaw. It’s a quick, simple recipe that is super healthy too!
Create authentic Mexican-style tacos by cooking the chicken in a mixture of ancho chili powder and cumin and serving over corn tortillas topped with slaw and avocado cream.
- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
- TOTAL:20 Minutes
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, diced
- 2 cups packaged angel hair slaw
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with chile powder, garlic salt, and cumin. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
2. Combine rind, 1 tablespoon juice, and next 3 ingredients (through avocado) in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon juice, slaw, onions, cilantro, oil, and salt, tossing to coat.
4. Heat tortillas according to directions. Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon avocado mixture and 1/4 cup slaw mixture.
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 25.3g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 385mg
- Calcium: 80mg