Who doesn’t love Chicken Noodle Soup? Who doesn’t love a casserole? Ok, then! Let’s put em’ together for a delicious concoction we’ll call Chicken Noodle Casserole! Let me share with you, this delicious and Polish Approved recipe coming from the same chica that brought us the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie!
- 4 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 12 ounces, weight Egg Noodles (I Prefer Angel Hair)
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Pressed
- ½ cups Carrots, Chopped
- ½ cups Celery, Chopped
- ¼ cups Butter
- 1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup (10 Ounce Can)
- 1 can Cream Of Chicken Soup (10 Ounce Can)
- ½ cups Sour Cream
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 package (1 Sleeve From A Standard, 16 Ounce Box) Ritz Crackers, Crushed
In a large pot of boiling water drizzle some olive oil and 1 tablespoon of salt. Boil the chicken until done, about 20 minutes.
Cook the noodles in boiling water according to package instructions.
While the noodles are cooking, cut up the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Drain pasta and set aside. Finely chop onions, carrots and celery.
In a pot saute onion, pressed garlic, carrots, and celery in the butter. Cook until the onions appear translucent, add the mushroom soup, chicken soup, and sour cream. Mix well. Salt and pepper if needed.
Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with crackers and bake 5 – 10 more minutes.
You can find the full recipe (complete with pictures) here!
Thanks for reading!