Today Polish Picks Katie Lentile from Travel4Souls. You may recall us blogging about Soles4Souls, an organization that provides shoes for those that don’t have them. Well, Amber recently went with Soles4Souls to Tanzania! There, Amber met Katie of Travel4Souls. Katie is responsible for coordinating everything for Travel4Souls! Katie is truly Polished inside and out so we wanted to share a little bit about her and Travel4Souls with you guys! Meet Katie:
We asked Katie a few questions about her self, her job and her life! Here are her answers:
1. I love my………….My life…I have been blessed so much and have amazing family, friends, job, etc!
2. My go to travel outfit is…………..During trips you can find me wearing a long skirt with shorts underneath, a v-neck, and chacos. In airports you can find me wearing: Jeans or riding pants, Comfy T, and a chunky sweater…and we can’t forget the compression socks(so stylish)!
3. When I’m not traveling you’ll find me………. I love cooking, crafting, planning parties, volunteering with local non-profits, and anything outdoors!!
4. Cupcakes or Ice cream…….. Ice Cream!! Clemmy’s (it is Gluten and Sugar free!!)
5. Favorite Disney Princess is…….Disney movies scared the crap out of me so I will change this one or you can use the answer somehow someway.
6. Favorite Childhood Book…A Little Princess
7. If you could own any pair of shoes what would they be..Christian Louboutins
8. What is your favorite thing to do on trips…. Interacting with the kids and locals (and watching the participants do the same thing)…breaking barriers and building relationships are what the trips are all about!
9. Do you prefer hot or cold weather? No question..HOT!!
11. What is the best advice you have received from someone that went on a Travel4Souls trip? Cece, a 76 year old going on 17 told me, “The secret to life is to be yourself and be proud of who you are and what you are doing…and above all keep God first.”
Katie’s passion for hands-on work in developing countries deepened after she traveled to Africa while working on a trauma therapy program for former child soldiers. Katie witnessed firsthand the intense problems facing children living in pervasive abject poverty, and she has dedicated her career to finding and implementing tangible solutions to these problems.
In April 2010, Katie was asked to create and manage the Travel4Souls program. Her duties include creating the program, building sustainable partnerships with supporting agencies and governments around the world, informing current and potential donors about Travel4Souls, creating detailed itineraries, and finally leading the trips, ensuring both the shoes and the volunteers arrive safely.
Through Travel4Souls, Katie has led teams to Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Peru, Honduras, India, Tanzania, and Costa Rica. The list is growing and you’re invited to join Katie and her team in the field. Click here for more information.
Aside from her work with Soles4Souls, Katie works hard to promote philanthropy in the Nashville community. In 2010, she was selected as one of Nashville’s Top 30 under 30. Katie serves on the Board of Directors for Linda’s Hope, and also serves on the Operational Board for Exile International. Katie also spends time mentoring children with Preston Taylor Ministries’ Lunch Buddy Mentor program and volunteers for other non-profits in her spare time. (www.soles4souls.com)
For more info about Travel4Souls, go here.
Thank you, Katie for being our Polish Picks! We love all of the amazing work that you are doing here and overseas! We will continue to keep you in our prayers!