Grrrrowl! We know that fun fingernails are all the rage right now. So we wanted to share this nifty tutorial we found from http://www.thebeautydepartment.com! Who doesn’t love leopard? Well, we have your leopard print nail tutorial right here! Check it out:
Cheetah print nails have been around for some time now but we’ve never actually done a tutorial on them. We got a lot of requests after last week’s Mani Monday heart tutorial, so we’re going for it!
TOOLS: 2 toothpicks, black nail polish (American Apparel “Hassid”), gold nail polish (American Apparel “Gold Flash”), clear coat.
PREP: Use any color your want on the base of your nails. Make sure they’re fully dry before starting on these spots.
- Take your toothpick and tap it on the table or counter a few times to flatten out the tip. That will make your toothpick more like a dotting tool. Flattening the tip will help you pick up a little more nail polish.
- Create 2 little puddles using the gold and black. (Dipping your toothpick in the nail polish bottle is quite messy + you don’t want to leave your nail polish bottle open for too long either.)
- Dip your toothpick into the gold and make a messy oval “blob” shape on your nail.
- After the gold dries, surround them with black. Leave an opening between the black here and there.
- Now let’s see it closer up! Free-hand a gold “blob” shape.
- After it dries, take black and start surrounding the shape on one side. Think of it like putting messy parenthesis around your gold blob.
- Now do your messy parenthesis shape on the other side. You can even join them together on one side if you want.
- Do assorted shapes. Leave various gaps in the black polish. None of the spots should look the same. Once everything is dry, go over the spots with a top coat.
My only complaint is that they did this on something that was not a fingernail. I wonder if it’d be that easy in real life. TRY IT! Let us know how it works for you!?
Here’s a link to the source.