So we we like to get a little fruity and a little healthy. Here’s the latest yummy recipe we think you might like to try. This would be fun to serve at a brunch shower or something along the lines of that. ENJOY! We found this from one of our favorite blogs, DESIGN LOVE FEST!
what you’ll need:
• 16 oz plain greek yogurt (and there’s nothin’ plain about it!)
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon salt (plus some additional coarse salt for sprinkling – sounds weird, i know, but trust me)
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter – softened
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds (i used roasted, but you are popping them in the oven, so raw might be just fine).
* 1/3 cup golden raisins
* 2 cups fresh blueberries
* 1 1/2 cups fresh chopped strawberries (i kept my strawberry chunks pretty chunky)
* 1/3 cup of water
* zest of half an orange
* 1/4 cup sugar
what to do:
• heat your oven to 325 degrees
• in a large bowl mix the oats, cinnamon and salt. also known as mixture “a.”
* in a medium bowl whisk the honey, butter, brown sugar and vanilla. also known as mixture “b.” this, i warn you is not too much fun.
* using those pretty hands of yours, convincingly combine mixtures a & b. oh, and be sure to leave some of it clumpy. this is one time where clumps are good!
* spread the mixture evenly onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and pop it in the oven for ten minutes.
while you’re waiting:
• throw the berries, water, sugar and zest into a saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
• once at a boil, lower to medium-low heat, stir occasionally and watch how it turns into a beautiful berry filled purple syrup.
• you’ll be done in about 8 minutes, then transfer the goodness to a bowl and set aside to cool.
then back to the granola:
• get in there with a spatula and flip the granola so that it is cooking evenly.
* sprinkle the almonds over the top and pop it back in the oven for another ten to fifteen minutes.
* in the last minute, pull the granola out, top with raisins and a light sprinkling of coarse salt
* remove from oven and let cool.
ps. at times during the process it might seem like your granola is not getting crispy . . . but it will, i assure you, it will.
on to the parfaits:
• so at this point, hopefully you have invited over 5 friends, cause you got parfait fixins for six.
• add a few spoonfuls of fruit to each glass and be sure to get some of that purple syrup along with it.
• then add a couple dollops of yogurt
* top off each with a heap of granola
* arm yourself with a spoon and start stirrin’ and smashin’! it won’t be pretty, but it will be delicious!