affordable bridesmaids dresses, Alabama, Bell Bridesmaid, BRIDES, BRIDESMAIDS, Bridesmaids dresses, cute bridesmaids dresses for every shape and size, Dressing for your wedding, FAIRHOPE, mobile, polish boutique, shower dresses, southern weddings, Wedding
In May of 2000 in San Francisco, Bella Bridesmaid was created by Southern gal, Bridget Brown in response to an overwhelming need for stylish, wearable and modern bridesmaid dresses. The quaint and inviting boutique offers a refreshing departure from the usual bridesmaid experience: fresh, sassy and chic designer dresses in an intimate, upscale and approachable setting. Realizing the important role of a bridesmaid dress, Bella Bridesmaid provides each bride with personalized attention in a one-on-one environment surrounded by the latest designer bridesmaid dresses.
Lucky for you brides to be, bridesmaids and mothers of the bride, this area finally has a Bella Bridesmaids store! Our good friend, Mary Kendall Butler has recently opened a location in Fairhope! You will love the atmosphere of the chic and open boutique that will make any of your bridesmaid’s feel truly appreciated! While they do mostly sell bridesmaid dresses, they do have a few GORGEOUS wedding gowns that are simple and elegant. We hope you will make an appointment to check out the lovely dresses there.
With wedding season just around the corner, you will probably be in the market for bridesmaid dresses and dresses to wear to showers! Polish can help with the dresses that you will want to wear to all of the fabulous showers and even rehearsal dinners, so stop by and see us after you purchase your bridesmaid dresses!
We asked Mary Kendall a few questions about how she got involved with Bella Bridesmaid and this is what she had to say:
1. What got you into this industry – Last year, I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my friend, Ashton’s wedding. We looked for dresses at several different places in the area, but found that bridal salons focus mainly on wedding gowns and formal wear shops are geared towards prom and Mardi Gras. The reality was, everywhere we went, it seemed bridesmaids were “pushed to the back burner”. Later, we learned about Bella Bridesmaid and ended up choosing dresses from the Nashville, TN boutique. It was a great experience from start to finish! To me, the Bella Bridesmaid concept is genius and the Mobile area brides-to-be really needed this option. With shoes, jewelry, flower girl wands, ringer bearer pillows, and almost any fabric/color/style dresses you can imagine, Bella Bridesmaid is the perfect one-stop-shop for a bride and her maids!
2. Which is your favorite dress that you sell? Gosh I have lots of favorites! I guess if I had to pick just one, I would say it’s the Union lace dress (in black) by Joanna August…I actually wore it to work the day you girls visited!
3. What advice would you give a bride and her maids – First things first–have fun! Although planning can be stressful, this will be one of the most exciting times in a girl’s life, so why not relax and enjoy it? My advice to the bride about bridesmaid dresses, specifically, would be to include the maids when making a decision. Not only is it important for the bride to be happy, but also for the girls to feel comfortable and beautiful during the ceremony in front of all of those people! So, brides…gather your maids, come to Bella Bridesmaid and play dress up, then go have a fun lunch date! 🙂
4. Where would you recommend the bride go for her shower dresses? Now days, brides are given several different wedding showers, to honor their upcoming nuptials; whether at their church, sorority sister’s, grandmother’s, or a family friends’ house, we as southerners know showers can range from fancy “teas” to casual crawfish boils. Regardless of the theme and décor, I would recommend shopping at Polish to find the perfect dress for each. They have you covered from simple and classic styles to bold and trendy–best part, though, everything is so affordable!
5. What is your favorite color – Avocado green! Love it.
That’s great advice for a gal in the industry!
If you are in the need for some cute shower dresses here are some of our favorites from the site!
Any of these would be perfect for wedding festivities for brides and their bridesmaids! There are SO many more online and in our store, so shop online or come by our store and our Style Gurus will be happy to help you find something!
Thanks for reading! And Thanks, Mary Kendall for opening such a wonderful store here, on the Gulf Coast! I’m sure Brides and Bridesmaids everywhere will be stopping by!