We saw this tutorial from the Beauty Department and thought it distinctly southern! And since we are from Sweet Home Alabama, we had to talk about it! Don’t you just love gingham? It’s so cute and preppy! Here’s the handy how-to (no pun intended):
photos + post by Kristin Ess
Sometimes you’ve gotta get a little country! Nothing screams sweet southern style more than gingham, so let’s make that into a mani, shall we?!
- Start by painting the nails white.
- Using the DIY sticker method we showed you a couple weeks ago, paint blue, pink, green or whatever color you love on a piece of tape. Wait for it to dry and cut it into thin strips. You’ll need 6-10 strips per finger.
- Lay 3-5 strips horizontally on the nail.
- Then lay the other 3-5 strips vertically.
- Trim the excess with cuticle nippers. (I decided to add one more blue strip at the tip of the nail at this point because I thought it looked better with blue at the top!)
- Apply a quick drying top coat to seal your gingham pattern.
You can do all your nails or just one. I didn’t want an overwhelming sense of this pretty lil’ pattern, so I just stuck to one.
So now that you’ve got your cutesie gingham accent nail.. you must find something to wear! How about this cute little number from our website!? I think polka dots and gingham are best friends! Don’t you?
Thanks for reading! Sorry for the late post 😉